Sunday, July 10, 2011

Thoughts on chapters 10 & 13.

Chapter 10
I’m sad to say that I don’t think I’ve put forth a lot of effort in purposefully educating my students for a sustainable future.  There was a lot of helpful information in this chapter.  I think the question “How can we all live well within the means of nature?” will stick in my head and guide me in planning activities and lessons for my students.  I would say that this chapter has definitely helped me to be more aware of this topic. 

Chapter 13
I don’t know about anyone else, but I found this chapter hard to get through.  I couldn’t help but think of my third grade students and wondering how this process of changing the habit of mind would work with them.  I can’t quite see it happening.  I also had a hard time envisioning the whole school changing and following this model.  I think this is a chapter that I’ll need to read again at a later date.  Maybe it’ll make more sense the second time around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment