The Impact of Media & Technology on Education
After reading this article I was disappointed by the realization that we have not really advanced in the use of technology in education during the past 13 years. I was surprised when I read that in 1997 the Panel of Educational Technology of the President's Committee of Advisors on Science and Technology recommended that the US spend a lot of money on educational technology and that it should be used to "Ensure equitable, universal access". That left me wondering why we are STILL so far behind in the use of technology in schools. They understood back in 1997 that using technology in schools works! Just thinking about my own district makes me realize that there have been very few advances in that area since then. So I wonder what’s the hold-up? The more that I learn about how technology has impacted the way students learn and how other countries are using technology to improve education, the more I worry about the future of our country. I think it’s very discouraging that we are still pretty much at the same point we were in 1997 and I don’t know how to move it forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment